New & Improved Vitalis Cooking System with Silicone Sealing Edge. The Silicone Seal improves the flavor and texture of your foods by locking in heat to cook perfectly every time!
A name that promises vitality and joie de vivre. We wish to promote healthy eating with taste and enjoyment rather than calorie-counting and deprivation. For this reason, we have developed the WMF Vitalis cooking system.
Steaming is considered the most healthy cooking method. Professional chefs have been using steam cookers for many years. Invite cooking diversity, fresh food from the market, and fabulous healthy cooking into your kitchen with this WMF Vitalis Cooking system.
In the WMF Vitalis, food is cooked on a perforated steaming rack without ever being in contact with the liquid at the bottom of the cooker. Steamed vegetables contain up to 50% more nutrients than conventionally cooked foods. Meat becomes easier to digest, as steaming removes some of the heavy fats. Steaming is thus the ideal
cooking method for all foods that do not need to be fried, grilled or made crispy. The excellent heat dissipation properties of steam ensure that the food is cooked evenly throughout. Vegetables remain tender, yet firm. Poultry retains its juices, rice is always fluffy and fish does not fall apart. Steamed food will not dry out or become burnt. All products retain their natural flavor.
Invite cooking diversity, fresh food from the market, and fabulous healthy cooking into your kitchen with this WMF Vitalis Cooking system.
- Multi-purpose Vitalis cooking system is perfect for steaming, baking, stewing, poaching, roasting, smoking, searing or braising.
- High quality, non-reactive 18/10 stainless steel that is extremely durable, easy to clean and super-hygenic.
- TransTherm® base with aluminum core encapsulated within stainless steel ensures even and consistent heat distribution and retention.
- Built in thermometer in the clear glass lid allows for controlling the inside temperature without removing the lid.
- Contents cook above the water level, allowing the food to retain flavors as well as essential vitamins and nutrients.
- Hollow handles are heat resistant and allow for safer handling during cooking.
- A removable steaming rack serves as an insert for the pan, and provides the healthiest cooking system available as the contents cook above the water level, allowing the food to retain essential vitamins and minerals. Vegetables remain tender, poultry stays succulent, and fish does not fall apart or dry out.
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction
- Oven-safe up to 500° F (350° F w/ lid). Thermometer is not oven-safe.
- Capacity: 6.8 quart; Dimensions: 16 x 11 x 6 inches w/handles (Inside measurments 13 x 9.75 x 4)
- Designed by Peter Ramminger
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- one oblong cooker
- full size removable steaming rack insert
- 2 flexible, removable wire handles for lifting inserts
- glass lid with a removable built-in thermometer and silicone sealing edge
Click Here for more information about Vitalis.